
I thought I'd choose a picture that really defines Miss Emily. :)
Here we are at month 11! This month has started with some challenges. Nothing big, but it's the first time I've ever really felt challenged with Emily. She's been such an easy-going baby. She is still a happy kid and loves people, but she is definitely coming into her own - transforming quickly from baby to toddler. She doesn't even really look like a baby to me anymore!
She's quickly catching on to the world around her. She's dabbling into pushing boundaries a bit - discovering something called "whining." And Mama and Papa have discovered something called "ignoring."
Emily is still sleeping a lot during the day - a lot more than an "average" baby her age; she's been slightly irritable this week, so I took her to the lab to get some blood drawn. Matthew has type 1 diabetes, so I feel I can never be too cautious. Type 1 can be passed along.
The tests came back negative. Her iron was a little low, but not low enough to cause her current sleeping habits. If she continues showing signs of excessive sleepiness, then we'll visit a sleep consultant. I know. It seems crazy that I would worry about this - but if you saw how much she sleeps in a day, you'd second guess it too!
As for milestones...Emily is now crawling and pulling herself up onto certain pieces of furniture around here, so sleep has not set her back. And now she puts one foot in front of the other as we hold her to walk. We're also transitioning her from formula to whole milk. Yippee! She's pretty good at feeding herself with a spoon too - although still a messy task. She can say, "hi," "dog" and "ball." She says "mama" now, too.
All in all, things are going well. We'll have a handful of new challenges as we approach toddlerhood and new challenges after that! I just hope Matt and I make the right decisions in these next few years to mold Emi into a kind, loving individual with respectful manners wherever she goes. That's what is most important to us.
Here we are at month 11! This month has started with some challenges. Nothing big, but it's the first time I've ever really felt challenged with Emily. She's been such an easy-going baby. She is still a happy kid and loves people, but she is definitely coming into her own - transforming quickly from baby to toddler. She doesn't even really look like a baby to me anymore!
She's quickly catching on to the world around her. She's dabbling into pushing boundaries a bit - discovering something called "whining." And Mama and Papa have discovered something called "ignoring."
Emily is still sleeping a lot during the day - a lot more than an "average" baby her age; she's been slightly irritable this week, so I took her to the lab to get some blood drawn. Matthew has type 1 diabetes, so I feel I can never be too cautious. Type 1 can be passed along.
The tests came back negative. Her iron was a little low, but not low enough to cause her current sleeping habits. If she continues showing signs of excessive sleepiness, then we'll visit a sleep consultant. I know. It seems crazy that I would worry about this - but if you saw how much she sleeps in a day, you'd second guess it too!
As for milestones...Emily is now crawling and pulling herself up onto certain pieces of furniture around here, so sleep has not set her back. And now she puts one foot in front of the other as we hold her to walk. We're also transitioning her from formula to whole milk. Yippee! She's pretty good at feeding herself with a spoon too - although still a messy task. She can say, "hi," "dog" and "ball." She says "mama" now, too.
All in all, things are going well. We'll have a handful of new challenges as we approach toddlerhood and new challenges after that! I just hope Matt and I make the right decisions in these next few years to mold Emi into a kind, loving individual with respectful manners wherever she goes. That's what is most important to us.
No comments:
Post a Comment