..and probably her last for a while!
Matt and I (and her uncles) had the joy of experiencing Emi's first public meltdown. Not at Albertsons, not at Applebees, but of all places... at Mariners Opening Day. Joy!
We originally booked a babysitter for the afternoon, because last year Emily screamed at the few games she attended. Emily has never been a loud noise kind of baby. She grabs her ears and breaks out into tears.
But then we thought, "Hey, it's been almost a year. Maybe she'll be okay with it?"
I guess you never know until you try, right? We were so wrong.
Things started out calm and cool, then 30 minutes into the game she started to cry at all the noise. By the 4th inning we had a combo explosion of tears, arched back and red eyes. Fun times! I think it's safe to say she won't be going to Metallica in concert or 4th of July festivals any time soon.
Here are some pics prior to the chaos. At least she looked cute!
In the parking lot, all smiles with Papa...
Matt and I (and her uncles) had the joy of experiencing Emi's first public meltdown. Not at Albertsons, not at Applebees, but of all places... at Mariners Opening Day. Joy!
We originally booked a babysitter for the afternoon, because last year Emily screamed at the few games she attended. Emily has never been a loud noise kind of baby. She grabs her ears and breaks out into tears.
But then we thought, "Hey, it's been almost a year. Maybe she'll be okay with it?"
I guess you never know until you try, right? We were so wrong.
Things started out calm and cool, then 30 minutes into the game she started to cry at all the noise. By the 4th inning we had a combo explosion of tears, arched back and red eyes. Fun times! I think it's safe to say she won't be going to Metallica in concert or 4th of July festivals any time soon.
Here are some pics prior to the chaos. At least she looked cute!
In the parking lot, all smiles with Papa...

Distraction making her happy...

Just about ready to burst...

Safe in Grammy J's office after the meltdown. She passed out 30 seconds into the car ride home.

.
No comments:
Post a Comment