We were baby-free Saturday night and Sunday thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Mullet.
So you would think it would have been relaxing, right?
Not if Jonas and Pumpkin have anything to say about it...
Our Saturday was great! We dropped Emily off at Steve and Bonnie's house, and went to a fun holiday party at the Dobbs' house.
Then Sunday happened.
It started with me waking up to the smell of poo.
I went to get Jonas out of his crate. The more I made my way to his room, the more poo I smelled. And then finally...there it was. The poor thing was covered in it. Not only was he covered in poo, but the walls and the carpet surrounding his crate were covered.
"Diarrhea cha-cha-cha." (thank you, Costco brand biscuits.)
So, Matt and I got out the Spot Shot, Nature's Miracle and Febreeze and scrubbed the hell out of everything. I always joke about "vomiting in my mouth a little" over certain things, but I seriously almost did. I gagged quite a few times. We had to wash the crate, wash the walls/carpet and wash Jonas. Oh - and did I mention I JUST got the carpets cleaned? All this and I still had cookies to bake and a ferry to catch to Nona's house.
Then, later in the evening, Pumpkin decides she wants in on the bodily fluid fun. She pukes all over one of our couches, including inside the cushions. She puked on the carpet, too.
I mean seriously! Here I am just trying to decorate my tree and peacefully listen to Christmas music, and instead I'm cleaning up puke and crap - and it's not even my baby's puke and crap!
Then, Emily returned from her Grandparents' house. They had so much fun with her and I know she had a great time there. She had such a great time that she didn't want to nap at all Sunday. I knew this was going to be a possibility when we dropped her off, but we must make sacrifices for freedom, people!
So she was super cranky at bedtime. After she calmed down, then she decided to poo.
A lovely finale to our poo- and puke-filled Sunday.
Happy holidays everyone!
2 comments:
Good times. Fun memories to laugh over later...
They're just creating holiday memories too. Don't you have a scrapbook for them? This story would be a great addition.
Post a Comment