Well, something was bound to happen, right? I'm 33 and this pregnancy was going WAY too smoothly.
A couple weeks ago, the doctor had me in for a regular check up. I told him about a pain I was having behind my knee. I thought it was a muscle pull from my workout at the gym. He had me in for an ultrasound to be tested for what he thought was a blood clot in my leg. And alas, he was right. It was a blood clot.
A little hiccup, but nothing harmful to baby. I'm now on Heparin shots (blood thinner) 2x a day for the rest of the pregnancy, because this is certainly a pregnancy-induced blood clot. I have to administer the shots via syringe by myself, which is a bummer. The first 2 shots sucked, but I'm getting used to it.
Luckily, I have someone around this house who knows a thing or two about giving shots to oneself. This is the only time I've been thankful for Matt's type 1 diabetes. Only now, Matt is on the insulin pump, so I actually have to do more shots in my stomach than he does!
I'm now going on 11 weeks. I feel great other than this clot scare. Not sick, a little tired. Belly is already growing. I look more like I did at 5 months pregnant with Emily than almost 3 months. The second time around in DEFINITELY different than the first time. :)
A couple weeks ago, the doctor had me in for a regular check up. I told him about a pain I was having behind my knee. I thought it was a muscle pull from my workout at the gym. He had me in for an ultrasound to be tested for what he thought was a blood clot in my leg. And alas, he was right. It was a blood clot.
A little hiccup, but nothing harmful to baby. I'm now on Heparin shots (blood thinner) 2x a day for the rest of the pregnancy, because this is certainly a pregnancy-induced blood clot. I have to administer the shots via syringe by myself, which is a bummer. The first 2 shots sucked, but I'm getting used to it.
Luckily, I have someone around this house who knows a thing or two about giving shots to oneself. This is the only time I've been thankful for Matt's type 1 diabetes. Only now, Matt is on the insulin pump, so I actually have to do more shots in my stomach than he does!
I'm now going on 11 weeks. I feel great other than this clot scare. Not sick, a little tired. Belly is already growing. I look more like I did at 5 months pregnant with Emily than almost 3 months. The second time around in DEFINITELY different than the first time. :)
1 comment:
Your family is in our prayers!!!
Post a Comment