Sunday, February 12, 2012

Baby, Baby

Matt, Emily and I are excited to announce that we are expecting a bebe this Fall!

We have tried for nearly 2 years to expand our family, so this was the most joyous news.
I'm currently about 9 weeks along and due September 15th. I had my first ultrasound a few weeks ago and there is a baby with a heartbeat in there. This week we hope to hear the heartbeat on the Doppler. Fingers crossed all will be safe in the next few weeks!!!

Everything is going smoothly so far, and Emily is beyond excited to be a big sister. We told her the big news this morning and here is (in a nutshell) what she said:

'I'M going to be a big sister?' (all of her friends already are, so this is big)

While digging under my shirt, 'Can I see it??'

'Oooooh, I can play catch with her!'

Pointing to the nursery, 'This is where she'll sleep!'

Clearly, Emily feels this baby will be a girl. With 8 girls in the family, odds are it will, but you never know. And neither will we until the baby gets here! We won't be finding out the gender. :) We did this with Emily and it made the experience all the more exciting, even though we were pretty convinced she was a she.

Stay tuned for more news!

1 comment:

Emelie - C'est LA vie said...

Whaaaat?!! This is wonderful, wonderful news you guys! Huge congrats, we are so excited for you and can't wait for this newest little Mullet to make his/her debut! (Very impressed with your decision to not reveal the gender btw! - Even more motivation for that final puuush...:)

Lots of love, hope to see you all really soon! xo