Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A day of reflection

I'm starting to think being diagnosed with this blood clot is actually an ok thing. For it's allowing me to take true down time for myself rather than rush around town like a maniac in the 3 free hours I have 3 days a week. That one hour I usually spend at the gym is now spent walking the streets of downtown Edmonds with my pooch (like the good ol' days), going to a locally-owned coffee shop to read the newspaper front to back, and enjoying a delicious midmorning breakfast along with my 1 daily latte. (One of those FANCY lattes with the design in the foam. I feel so distinguished and nonmommy-like drinking those!)

And Emily? She still naps. THANK BUDDHA...she still naps! Most kids drop all naps around 3 years old, but mine keeps going. I love every inch of her soul. She's such an accommodating kid. She has her battles here and there, but overall she listens well and understands when Mama needs quiet time. She allows me to rest my eyes for a good 45 minutes each day, so that I'm renewed when she wakes and we can carry on with our fun-filled day.

These kids change our worlds. While we are busy trying to teach them about life, they are busy teaching us what life is all about.

I hope you are enjoying this day with your family and taking time to reflect, too!




No comments: