Yesterday we took a trip to Target.
Let me start by saying I claim Target to be the Bellagio of Washington state.
As in, it always takes my cash. Always.
I digress.
As we were walking down the aisle perusing various Mossimo shirts I certainly can't fit into right now, Rubbermaid containers and sparkle shoes Emily probably doesn't need, we stumbled across the bra section.
Emily said in her booming, excited voice, "Ooooooh! Mama! Look at all these boobies!"
Me: "Yes. That's a lot of bras, eh Em?"
She continued to squish and 'feel up' every bra like a tween boy.
Very exciting.
She reached low and grabbed a fairly large over-the-shoulder boulder holder off the rack.
"Mama look how BEEEEEG this one is!"
Yes, because in our size A world, Emily has never seen such a large bra.
I've only dreamed of owning one that size. Pregnancy can't even grant this wish.
I digress again.
Me: "Yup. That bra holds some pretty massive boobies, eh Em?"
Emily responded (again, in her booming voice for everyone to hear), "Yeah, Mama. You would NEVER wear this one. YOU don't have big boobies. You would wear that teeeeeeny tiny one up there, right?"
Right.
As we leave the bra section with people snickering left and right and my face as red as a fresh-picked apple, Emily noticed a bra with zebra stripes.
"Oooooh, zebra boobies! Mama, do zebras wear bras?"
My life with a 4-year-old. Never a dull moment, especially in Target.
Now, where again is that toothpaste located?
No comments:
Post a Comment