Wednesday, July 11, 2012

30 Weeks!

Mark. My. Words.

This baby will be more active and less sleepy than Emily. Last night, it moved from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m. Constant! Holy crap. Emily never moved that much. She moved when she was hungry, when I ate and a little throughout the day. That was about it. And when she came out, all she did was sleep for the first year! This little kiddo is already showing signs that it'll be waaay different than its big sister.

I am now 30 weeks, or just a couple months shy of my due date. Yippee! We hired a new doula, Jane, last week. She delivered both kiddos of my good friend, Sasha. Sasha had home births. We will definitely NOT be doing that, but I must say it's nice knowing Jane can deliver if say this kid shoots out before we get to the hospital! She will be in the room with us, helping me and Matt along this crazy journey of childbirth.

It's really hard to believe a little one will be with us in 2 short months. I've started making lists of what I need to replace, contingency plans with grandparents and all the like. Very exciting stuff, but also very anxious to be entering the needy, cuddly newborn world again. Thank you for all your well wishes.

2 comments:

Emelie - C'est LA vie said...

Aaahh this is so exciting! ...So do you think it's a boy? ;) xo

Christi said...

I'm starting to think that more and more, but I've known plenty a folk with girls who were active in the womb too. The odds for a boy are against us. So exciting!!