4 weeks to go!
This pregnancy has definitely been a different beast than the first. It started off fairly smooth, but the last trimester has definitely thrown me some curve balls. I'm ready!
I'm now at near 36 weeks.
I delivered Emily at 37 weeks, so you can sort of guess how anxious I am these days. My plan is to be as 'chill' as possible in order to get this baby to bake a wee bit longer. Making it to 40 weeks would be great, but I'm not quite sure that is realistic.
Emily has been kissing and hugging my belly a lot. She knows baby is on the way and she's thrilled. Finally! A brother or sister for her. She's watched her close friends go through this transition for 2 years.
I'm starting to get a little emotional about it all - knowing this will be the last time it'll just be us 3. Emily has been such a beaming star in our lives, it's almost hard to imagine you can have that kind of love for another child. But I know we will. I found myself having this overwhelming feeling of love for this baby the other day as it was twirling around in my belly. I was wondering what kind of personality it would bring to our bunch. Is it a boy or a girl? THAT is the question.
Will it have the same eye and hair color? Will it be a good sleeper and good eater, no?
All these questions will be answered in a mere week to months. And once he/she is here, we'll no longer wonder. We'll only wonder what our lives were like without this little person.
The swing is out.
The bassinet is in our room.
The car seat is ready.
The hospital bags are packed.
Now we wait!
I'm now at near 36 weeks.
I delivered Emily at 37 weeks, so you can sort of guess how anxious I am these days. My plan is to be as 'chill' as possible in order to get this baby to bake a wee bit longer. Making it to 40 weeks would be great, but I'm not quite sure that is realistic.
Emily has been kissing and hugging my belly a lot. She knows baby is on the way and she's thrilled. Finally! A brother or sister for her. She's watched her close friends go through this transition for 2 years.
I'm starting to get a little emotional about it all - knowing this will be the last time it'll just be us 3. Emily has been such a beaming star in our lives, it's almost hard to imagine you can have that kind of love for another child. But I know we will. I found myself having this overwhelming feeling of love for this baby the other day as it was twirling around in my belly. I was wondering what kind of personality it would bring to our bunch. Is it a boy or a girl? THAT is the question.
Will it have the same eye and hair color? Will it be a good sleeper and good eater, no?
All these questions will be answered in a mere week to months. And once he/she is here, we'll no longer wonder. We'll only wonder what our lives were like without this little person.
The swing is out.
The bassinet is in our room.
The car seat is ready.
The hospital bags are packed.
Now we wait!

No comments:
Post a Comment