
9 hours a week away from this precious little face. 9 hours!
I get 3 hours, 3 days a week all to myself thanks to Edmonds Montessori.
I love Emily. Along with meeting/marrying Matthew and obtaining the best dog in the world, she is the best thing that has ever happened to me.
But having her in preschool means I can do the little things I used to love doing alone. Simple things like hitting up the gym regularly, going to a grocery store and taking my time to look through all the aisles with complete thought - even reading nutrition labels and talking without interruption to the gal at the checkout counter! I can read an ENTIRE magazine - or a newspaper. I can take Jonas to the dog park...just him and me. It's all so very exciting. I can do all of this in a mere 3 hours, then I get to pick my smiley, happy girl up from preschool.
I was mourning this new adventure a few months ago, because I simply wasn't ready to let her go. I've been at home with her for 3 years, doing mostly our own things at our own time.
But after a long, fun and exhausting summer, I'm 100% ready!
Today was her first 'official' day of school.
I. Love. My. Kid. I'm so proud of her...
She gave me a big, fat kiss/hug, waved goodbye, walked right in there (even with 20 kids she didn't know), and made the place her own.
We celebrated today by going out to lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant with a friend in Edmonds. I gave her a little sticker mosaic art gift, too.
Will I miss our lazy morning time together 3 days a week? Of course.
However, I will be a much more refreshed mommy now, so our afternoons will be that much better.
I get 3 hours, 3 days a week all to myself thanks to Edmonds Montessori.
I love Emily. Along with meeting/marrying Matthew and obtaining the best dog in the world, she is the best thing that has ever happened to me.
But having her in preschool means I can do the little things I used to love doing alone. Simple things like hitting up the gym regularly, going to a grocery store and taking my time to look through all the aisles with complete thought - even reading nutrition labels and talking without interruption to the gal at the checkout counter! I can read an ENTIRE magazine - or a newspaper. I can take Jonas to the dog park...just him and me. It's all so very exciting. I can do all of this in a mere 3 hours, then I get to pick my smiley, happy girl up from preschool.
I was mourning this new adventure a few months ago, because I simply wasn't ready to let her go. I've been at home with her for 3 years, doing mostly our own things at our own time.
But after a long, fun and exhausting summer, I'm 100% ready!
Today was her first 'official' day of school.
I. Love. My. Kid. I'm so proud of her...
She gave me a big, fat kiss/hug, waved goodbye, walked right in there (even with 20 kids she didn't know), and made the place her own.
We celebrated today by going out to lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant with a friend in Edmonds. I gave her a little sticker mosaic art gift, too.
Will I miss our lazy morning time together 3 days a week? Of course.
However, I will be a much more refreshed mommy now, so our afternoons will be that much better.
No comments:
Post a Comment