Thursday, September 8, 2011

August Memories



Summer finally kicked in! August was a beautiful month, filled with lots of outdoor activity and playdates. I am so grateful to have so many friends with kids Emily's age. Our life is NEVER a bore!

Finally able to ride the kiddie rides at the Evergreen State Fair! She takes swinging very seriously, as you can see. It was also 90 degrees, which made for a very fun but exhausting day.

Chilling after swimming. Emily is doing great in swim lessons! We'll keep at it all year.

A visit to the zoo with friends Abby and Elizabeth




*********************************************************************

At month's end we took a trip to the Willamette Valley in Oregon for Gavin and Suzie's wedding. The wedding was located at Vista Hills Vineyard. Imagine the sun setting behind you on an 80-degree day with a view of the entire Valley. Ahhhhh. It's the closest thing to paradise you're gonna get in Oregon! The bride and groom were stunning, and the food and home brew was amazing.

We stayed at the same 3-bedroom house we frequented a couple years ago - Vineroost on McKinlay Vineyards. Grammy (a.k.a. Mom) joined us since we had 3 bedrooms. She watched Emily so Matt and I could attend the wedding sans kiddo. It was a fantastic, relaxing time! This downtime was appreciated by all, especially a hard-working Papa and an always-busy Mama and Emily. Here are some pics of the trip:




*********************************************************************

Today, Emily started her new preschool. She is now attending Edmonds Montessori 3 days a week, 3 hours a day. She did great her first day! We'll see if it continues. :)
She got a new hairdo just in time for her first day. After countless battles of brushing tangled hair, I decided to see how a cute little bob would look on her noggin. It turned out so great...only problem is, she looks so grown up now!

Look at this little doll. I love her so much. I don't think I'm ready for this preschool business, but it'll be so great for her. Her teacher already commented on how smart of a cookie she is!






1 comment:

Emelie - C'est LA vie said...

A doll indeed! You must (and should) be so proud of your big little girl. Miss you guys x