Friday, December 18, 2009

Sun Peaks, Canada

Last week we took our annual ski vacation up to Canada. Normally we head to Whistler, but with the Olympics hub-bub this coming February, we figured it'd be too busy. So we ventured to Sun Peaks instead - about an hour or so East of Whistler. Smaller village but amazing conditions - better than I've ever seen at Whistler.

Here's the view of outside our lodge:


The view right outside our condo - amazing!


Matt ended up having a couple days of great runs, but unfortunately, he banged up his shoulder pretty good on the third day. He might have even dislocated it. Poor guy was in massive pain the last leg of the trip. :(

On top of that, Em was very sick the entire week, so it put a wrench in our outdoor play plans. As did the negative temps the first couple days. Em and Mama were pretty much confined to the condo. Boooooooo!

Our sick little kiddo caught a stomach virus.

Watching the skiers go down the hill. (we were located right next to a ski run)

Here's a shot of Em and I sledding down the hill.


This is what her face looked like after sledding:

Let it be known - Em HATED the snow. I figured this would be the case being she hates playing in super cold weather anyway. But I thought for some reason she'd take to the white stuff because it's fluffy and fun. But the mere sight of it would literally make her quiver in fear. I'm not even kidding. She stayed as far away from it as possible.
She didn't want it on her boots, on her hands. Nothin'. She would instantly cry if it got on her in any way. Ummm, hello drama queen! I love her, but OMG! I've never heard of a kiddo hating snow this much. It was hard not to laugh.


Here's a shot of us making her walk in it.


Check the sheer look of terror on her face!
Like we were making her walk barefoot on hot coals! :)


Em and Papa inside the WARM lodge. Hee hee.
Trying to enthusiastically introduce her again to snow in the comfort of our own condo. This is just too funny to me. Our sweet little girl is afraid of snow.


All in all, it was a nice getaway. Any vacation is a good vacation because we have Papa around. We booked a babysitter two nights so we could go out to dinner with our friends. That was the highlight of the trip for me! I'll definitely do Sun Peaks again, but only if I have a healthy baby and one who likes snow!!


No comments: