Thursday, December 3, 2009

Reading and Santa


This is what I found after Em was in her room for about 40 minutes the other morning.
She fell asleep whilst reading her books. I LOVE THIS GIRL!

************************************************************

Today we went to visit Santa.

This entire week we've been talking about Santa. We've read books about him, we've looked at pictures of Emily and Santa from last year. (She loves looking at this photo!) She says "ho, ho, ho!" when asked what Santa says. Simply put - she's enamored by the guy.

We arrived at the waiting area for Santa pictures and Em was all smiles. She couldn't wait to meet him. She kept saying with her hands in the air, "Where's An? Where's An?" Twenty minutes passed and we were on our way into the cabin to see Santa. When we got inside, she was wide-eyed with wonder. She waved at Santa and flashed him her signature gummy smile. We said hello for a few minutes, she played with his jingle bells, all was well.

Then I put her on his lap.
And it went something like this:

http://ellen.warnerbros.com/photos/2007/12/bad_santa_photos_21.php


I would post Em's actual photo, but I didn't buy the digital file. Nor did I take pictures with my camera because I was too busy trying to make her smile. (fat chance!)

I couldn't help but laugh. :) Rotten mom I am.

After we were done, she collected her tears and her composure. As we left the cabin, she was happy as a clam again saying, "Bye Bye An! Bye Bye An!" like the horror show inside the cabin never happened.

Afterward, I took her to Starbucks for a hot (warm) chocolate. She wanted to look at the Santa pictures the entire time, so at least that meant she wouldn't have nightmares tonight. Then we went to Land of Nod for playtime.
Okay. So Mama felt a little guilty for leaving her little crying babe on Santa's lap. :)

Happy holidays, everyone!

No comments: