I don't know who was more excited about Christmas this year: Me or Emily.
Having a child brings the spunk back into Christmas. Not that the holiday wasn't enjoyable when it was just adult Matt and my adult self, because it was. We certainly had many great Christmases together. But having a child brings you waaaaay back - back to the days of wonder. Telling the story of Santa, letters and cookies/carrots for Santa and his reindeer, reading Twas the Night Before Christmas on the night before Christmas, the joy of finding a lit Christmas tree in the morning surrounded by toys and stockings stuffed to the brims. Christmas music and lots of food and sugary goodness. My mind is happy, my waist - not so much!
Now, I realize the true meaning of Christmas is to celebrate the birth of Jesus. And me being a nonbeliever of Jesus, I'm fully aware I am mooching on a religious holiday here. And part of me feels really bad about this every year. I, technically, shouldn't be celebrating the holiday based on my beliefs. But dang it! I'm going to continue to mooch because celebrating Christmas is damn fun! :) I might just have to change the name to Christimas to make it legit.
Here are some more photos fer ya. Enjoy!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/37571877@N07/sets/72157622966537353/
No comments:
Post a Comment