Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sorry, Uber Small Dog Owners...


but you're crazy!

Meet Bella. She's 4 months old, and she's probably not even 5 pounds.
Owners: my dad and stepmom.

They refer to her as a dog. I beg to differ!

I'm pretty sure Bella was a rat in her former life.
Bella is more varmint than a pooch. I don't mean to bash on a poor, defenseless pup but it's true. When you hold her, she wiggles about like a wild rat and scratches you with her rat-like claws. Now Jonas? There's a DOG!

We've been watching Miss Bella for the last 8 days, and while she's quite loving and calm when she is sleepy at night, during the day is a different story. You'd think a 5 lb. dog couldn't do much harm, yes? But 10 poos, 2 pees, three chewed upon wooden blocks, the corner of a photo book, and 500 yips and yelps in her crate (at 6 a.m. no less) would tell you otherwise.

Sure, she's only a pup. But she's slightly lacking in discipline. Sweet, misunderstood Bella pretty much confirmed that Matthew and I will never own a small dog. She's been more work than my nearly 10-month-old baby!

But to end on a positive note, she has been a great source of entertainment for Jonas, and she's made Emily laugh quite a few times. But sorry, Bella. We are really happy to see you go!



No comments: