Saturday, February 16, 2013

5 Months Old!

 Watch out, ladies!!! This boy is CUTE!! 

5 months old already. Sigh. As excited as I am to see this kiddo grow, it makes me kind of sad to know it's going by so quickly. He changes by the week. Not much new to report...he's smiling and laughing a ton at Emily now - he absolutely adores his sister. And he's just darn cute. He's rolled over a few times. He's sleeping a tad bit better this month...about 6 hours at night, but his bedtime is around 6, so that doesn't help me as much. I'm still only getting a few hours at a time at each night. I guess it could be worse, right? And he's up and happy for longer periods of time now during the day, so we've been playing a lot and reading books. Nursing is still going so well - so well that I really don't see myself weaning him anytime soon like I thought I was. Hey, he's our last kid. I gotta enjoy these moments while I can. 

Here are some more random pics of the last few weeks. 
We've been having fun around here! Love my little family.





Emily is officially registered for Kindergarten! We received a call from one of our choice schools in the area, Maplewood School, a parent co-op K-8 school - pretty much the best option for public school around the town. Small class sizes, super high test scores, great teacher/adult to kid ratio and an all around beautiful/clean school. It was a lottery draw to get her in, so we feel extremely lucky! She'll do great. She's already doing simple addition, writing all letters of the alphabet, and reading 3-letter word books, as well as reading a handful of sight words. She's a smart cookie, no doubt. Very, very proud of her accomplishments already!!

No comments: