Nathan is 4 months old. Wow!
Rice cereal and baby food are beginning soon - so, hopefully this means MORE SLEEP for Mama will follow. :)
Nathan is a sweet little guy, always very happy (except when typical baby things happen). He's quick to recover if upset. The boob cures all ailments, I tell you. He enjoys standing on his feet rather than sitting. This is something he's enjoyed doing since practically 2 weeks old, so maybe this means an early walker? He sleeps during the day very little, but very happy. So it's clear to me, he won't be a kickass sleeper like his sister. He's gonna be running around this joint sooner than later.
Emily is an AMAZING big sister. The best. This little dude is the luckiest little brother on the planet. She genuinely loves every little bit of his being. She's always talking to him, so it makes me feel he's less neglected, being he's number 2 and all. She hugs and kisses him a million times a day. And before greeting me after school or in the morning, she greets him. I see where I stand now!
Nathan's nighttime sleep has reverted a bit...we were getting 8 hours of beautiful sleep. Now we are down to 5 hours at night, then up 2-3 hours after that. It could be a variety of reasons, but I'm hoping FOOD will take care of this problem in a couple months. He's a very patient, smiley baby. His favorite part of the day is talk time with his 'sissy.' In fact, when I say the word, 'sissy', now he smiles big and wide.
Look at my kidlets...I love them!
Emily Update:
Emily started school again in January, now going 4 days a week in hopes to prep her for Kindergarten. That's right. KINDERGARTEN. I register her next month. I'm beside myself. Where has my baby gone?!? She's so confident, smart and funny. We love her to bits. She's reading 3-letter word books now and learning math. Her art skills are amazing - she can color/draw better than me! She's a whiz on the computer. She'll be more than ready for the big time.
She's still very dramatic and emotional over small things, but she's worked hard on coping with these frustrating emotions, so I think things are better than they were last year. She still loves to swim and she is now in gymnastics. T-ball and dance class may be on the agenda in the spring, per her request. She tells me she loves me every day, and it melts my heart every time. I'm gonna soak in every last minute of this 4th year with Emily.
Pretty soon, Mama will play second fiddle to all her elementary school friends.
Her new haircut: The Bob
(Psst! We went to Maui last month and stayed at an amazing home overlooking the ocean from high above the hills, but I have yet to download photos from my camera. We shared the home with a few other people we know, including my mom. Long story short: We did nothing. We sat, slept, swam and drank and it was paradise and I want to go back. Like, tomorrow. Maybe forever. Ohhhh, Hawaii.)




No comments:
Post a Comment