Here we are! 20 weeks!
I took Emily to the big 20-week ultrasound today and, although she wasn't as into it as I thought she would be, it still was nice to have "big sister" there watching for hands, head and feet. Baby and Mama are feeling great. I felt the first really strong kicks this week from baby, which is always a welcoming and fun yet spooky experience. Women rule the universe. Seriously. We carry living beings in our bodies for almost 10 months. It's no wonder men bow down to us. ;)
Baby is measuring a little larger than expected, which means an earlier due date of Sept. 14th. But really, when you have a history of being early like I do, due dates don't mean much. I'm mentally prepared for early September/late August. Maybe this one will decide to bake a little more? We shall see.
I'm 80% sure we've decided on a girl's name, 100% sure we haven't decided on a boy's name. This must mean we are having a girl, right? After all, baby did have its legs crossed daintily like a lady today during the ultrasound. You and the rest of us will have to wait. Yes, we are the crazy type of folk to keep the gender a surprise. I LOVE doing this. It makes delivery that much more exciting. Plus, friends and family are at the tips of their toes awaiting the news.
Thank you for all your well wishes!
**********************************************************************
As far as my other baby, Emily, she is doing great too! She's approaching her 4th - count it - 4th birthday. How in the world are we here already? The days go by slow, but the years fly. She's a joy. She's got such a fun-loving personality that shines through any cloudy Seattle day. She's smart, funny, sassy and her energy lights up a room, as does her smile. Of course, like any toddler, she has her moments, but we are so proud of Miss Emily. She shines in preschool and she has recently moved up to 'Starfish' level in swimming. Folks, this the class you'll find 5-6 year olds! The girl has got fins! Thanks, Buck family!
I took her to Lake Chelan this week for a midweek vacation, just us two (and Jonas) and another family. We had a blast. I'm going to soak up every minute of this alone time with Emily, as come September, our lives will change (for the good) forever. She will no longer be my only baby, but she will forever be my baby.

1 comment:
What a beautiful post Christi - you'd think I was the pregnant one the way I choke up... ;) I like to imagine our kids reading these blogs we write about them years from now; How wonderful it will be for them to be able to relive their childhood in such detail and as seen through our eyes. I know I would relish it, alas our poor mothers didn't have access to the same technology, did they? It's a blessing and a curse :)
...Anywhoo, keep writing, your excellent at it! xo
ps. Emily AND Moses? Oh I would feel so very flattered :)
Post a Comment