Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summertime and the Livin' is Easy


Ahhhhhhh yes, the much anticipated Seattle summer.
It's like a cold beer after 9 months of being pregnant...VERY much appreciated.

The summer kicked off for the Mullets with a 4th of July weekend stay in the wee Eastern Washington town of Entiat, population probably 20. Our dear friends, Ashley and Lewis, are temporarily renting a FABULOUS 4,100 sq. ft. home on the Entiat River - a perfect place for Matt, my pyro hubby, to fulfill his life-long dream of blowing up illegal fireworks. The fireworks show he displayed was amazing!!

It was a memorable weekend filled with absolutely no plans. Just relaxing in the sun, lounging in the river, BBQing, playing card games, playing with the kids and watching fireworks at night. How's that for Americana?

Ready for fireworks!


Emily has some pyro tendencies in her, just like Papa.













In other news....

Emily started ballet class. Isn't she as scrumptious as a red ripe strawberry?



She's also finishing up gymnastics this summer, and she will be taking more swimming lessons this fall. She LOVES the water!! The age of 3 has been so amusing! She's funny without even trying to be, incredibly smart and super outgoing. She's still a wonderful sleeper and eater. She's a little drama queen for sure, but I'm realizing this is a trait she'll ALWAYS have, so I better get used to it. In the meantime, I'm searching for drama teachers and counselors to prepare myself for the road ahead. Just thinking about the age of 14 gives me a migraine!

She will start Edmonds Montessori school this fall for 3 days a week, 3 hours a day...her first official "drop off" preschool. Pretty crazy we are already here. While she's in school, I will continue to work from home for REI as a contract editor for the web site. I plan to continue that work for as long as I can, or at least until we have another bebe.

Life is busy in the Mullet household. We recently purchased another rental home in Tukwila, (part of Matt's master plan to take over the city, I think.) Matt's job is busier than ever and friend/family events keep on comin'. Life is good. We are happy, healthy and grateful for it all!





No comments: