Wednesday, April 14, 2010

WE HAVE A TOOTH!


After more than one year of teething, Em cut her very first tooth last night, April 13th.
Hooray!!!!



She was chewing on a toy harmonica while sitting on my lap. I noticed a clicking sound coming from her mouth. (definitely not a sound I'm used to hearing when she chews on things.)

I said ecstatically, "Do you have a tooth, Em?"

She opened her mouth wide with pride, then smiled. She knew she did!

I felt around and sure enough there was a sharp ridge poking through her bottom gum line. We ran to the mirror to take a look. "Wow!" we said. Then we started clapping and running around.

I gave her a big ol' piece of chocolate to celebrate and we did a massive toothbrushing session after that.
That little ivory is gonna be the cleanest tooth this side of the Mississippi.

Once it pokes through a bit more, I'll post a picture. This is going to totally change the way Emily looks. She's had a sweet gummy smile for months and months, and this is what we've been used to. Part of me is sad to see that starting to change, but the other part of me is so relieved for her!


No comments: