Tuesday, April 13, 2010

She's Growing Up 2 Fast


Emily is fast-approaching 2. Too fast if you ask me!

She has grown into little being so much these last few weeks. She's almost a different kid!
I wanted to take the time to document the fun things she's been doing. Mostly, so I'll remember a few years down the line.

I took Em to our local pool last week. She looked like such a big girl in the water with all the other kids. She had a lot of fun splashing around. Before I knew it, she was putting her head under the water all by herself because she was watching the older kids do it, and laughing when she came back up. This is something she was horrified to do last summer.

I was pleased to see her wanting to do more, but at the same time I was a bit emotional over it.
I knew she'd grow up fast, but I had NO idea just how fast.

The other day, I was driving to the coffee stand and she said, "Mama getting coffee." Later that day, she spelled her name when I asked her to: "E-M-I-L-Y."

She says "18" (as in May 18) when asked the day of her birthday.
When asked how old she's going to be, she says 2.

I've been on the phone with two preschools this week. She'll start one day a week in a few months.

Wow.

I can now see why some parents naturally (accidentally) try to protect/hold onto their kids for as long as they can. Because in a blink of an eye, they don't need you as much as they once did. I wouldn't say letting go is hard, rather bittersweet. It's a little sad to lose a certain phase in her life, but incredibly rewarding to see her move on to the next one.

****************************************************************

More fun things she's been up to. And again, this is mostly so I remember because I haven't bought a journal for her 2nd year. Sorry if it's obnoxious!

She's a speak easy, this kid. She says anything I say now and can sing so many songs! Her vocab and concept comprehension is incredible to see. Potty training is right around the corner. Underwear and training pants have been purchased!

Her favorite morning show is Calliou.
Sometimes she'll watch a little Blues Clues in the afternoon, too, if she's been a good girl.

Her new favorite food(s) are scrambled eggs and oatmeal. Her all-time fav is still avacado/guacamole! She loves all fruits and most veggies. This kid is a rockstar eater!

She can count to ten and she knows the colors red and blue. She recognizes a handful of letters and she jumped by herself the other day for the first time.

She walks up the stairs now while holding onto the wall.

She still gets frustrated very easily, so we're constantly working on calming her down and asking for help instead of hurling toys onto the floor in a fit. I feel I've been working on this for nearly a year, I swear! She's doing better at this, but still needs a lot of work.
She gets this little trait from her Mama, unfortunately.

She's currently 26.5 pounds and 33 inches long or 25-50th percentile across the board.
She's gonna be a shorty like her Mama!

She still loves music and books and equally loves pretend play with her Little People dollhouse.
Her belly still protrudes, so it's safe to say she's not so much into athletics - at least for now. :) I signed her up for soccer and gymnastics this summer.











No comments: