
I just felt I needed to give a shout-out to my husband, Matthew. He is working at a bank during this horrid recession. Need I say more? Yes, I do.
To me, being a CFO at a bank during a recession sounds just as much fun as pulling your toenails out one by one, but Matthew takes it all in stride. Although incredibly stressful, I think he enjoys the challenge! And if he can see this through, he'll have one gold-plated resume on his hands! He worked so hard to get where he is today. Unfortunately, today isn't very kind to banks and profits. He is incredibly devoted to his company and the people who work for him. He logs in about 70-80 hours a week, including work on most Sundays, which means he barely gets to see his little girl. He has made it so I can stay at home with Emily, which means he has to pay all the bills too. All this and he still has a smile on his face come Saturday. The man is amazing.
Recently, he's had a couple sleepless nights. If you read the article below, you'll understand why.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2008624696_sterling140.html
Golf Savings Bank is keeping its head above this recession flood for now, but we would certainly appreciate all your positive thoughts!
I guess what this boils down to is... I have recently begun to realize that those designer jeans, those adorable Steve Maddens or that 1-hour massage just doesn't seem to be as important anymore. 2008 offered a huge reality check that'll carry over to 2009. Matthew has a job. We are both healthy. Our baby is healthy. We have a roof over our heads. We are lucky enough to go on vacation to Hawaii in June. These things are important.
I know you don't read this blog much, Matthew, but I love you, honey bun.
Thank you for working so hard for your family and keeping your fun-loving spirit alive.

To me, being a CFO at a bank during a recession sounds just as much fun as pulling your toenails out one by one, but Matthew takes it all in stride. Although incredibly stressful, I think he enjoys the challenge! And if he can see this through, he'll have one gold-plated resume on his hands! He worked so hard to get where he is today. Unfortunately, today isn't very kind to banks and profits. He is incredibly devoted to his company and the people who work for him. He logs in about 70-80 hours a week, including work on most Sundays, which means he barely gets to see his little girl. He has made it so I can stay at home with Emily, which means he has to pay all the bills too. All this and he still has a smile on his face come Saturday. The man is amazing.
Recently, he's had a couple sleepless nights. If you read the article below, you'll understand why.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2008624696_sterling140.html
Golf Savings Bank is keeping its head above this recession flood for now, but we would certainly appreciate all your positive thoughts!
I guess what this boils down to is... I have recently begun to realize that those designer jeans, those adorable Steve Maddens or that 1-hour massage just doesn't seem to be as important anymore. 2008 offered a huge reality check that'll carry over to 2009. Matthew has a job. We are both healthy. Our baby is healthy. We have a roof over our heads. We are lucky enough to go on vacation to Hawaii in June. These things are important.
I know you don't read this blog much, Matthew, but I love you, honey bun.
Thank you for working so hard for your family and keeping your fun-loving spirit alive.

No comments:
Post a Comment