Sunday, January 18, 2009

Look Who's 8 Months Old!

8 months old and she's already mastered the Rubix Cube.
Genius!

Okay. Where has the time gone? I mean, seriously!
Emily is 8 months old.
Even though her 1st birthday is a good 4 months away, I still find myself looking at birthday cake recipes in preparation because I know May 18 will be here in a wink.
It's just too amazing how fast all this has gone.

Emily hit a ton of developmental milestones last month, so I think she's been on a developmental vacation these last few weeks. She's definitely babbling more now, adding "da-da" to her repertoire. She's also figuring out the different volume pitches of her voice, which is kind of funny to listen to. Although I don't think the people at the grocery store are amused. She's definitely teething a ton, but no teeth yet.

And she's sooooo much more comfortable with new faces. She'll go to just about anyone now.
She's not really anxious to crawl yet. Even when I put something as enticing as a cell phone in front of her. But quite honestly, I'm not trying to rush that whole thing. I know once she starts, she'll never stop!

What kind of new and exciting things will month 8th bring to this little girl? Only she knows!

Everything has its place - in her mouth.

No comments: