
But she's on the fast track to 100% recovery, so no worries! I'd be lying if I told you I didn't break into tears when they told me she had it though. We can only take her out of the bili bed to feed her as she's only allowed off the lights for 40 minutes every few hours. As a new mom, you want to bond as much as possible with your baby, so I felt this put a slight wrench in that plan. But all is well. The pediatrician nurses worked fast, brought us the special bed you see in the photo above and Emily is already showing signs of recovery. Our doc told us as an early baby, she was a prime target for jaundice. She has been sleeping a TON better thanks in part to the bed, a little formula and breastmilk coming in. Last night she slept for 3.5 hours. I had to wake her for a feeding. It felt nice to finally get some true shut eye.
Jonas met his little sister yesterday. He doesn't seem to mind the crying too much thus far:

Some more cute pictures:
Daddy and Emi living the High Life
Tiny fingers

No more pictures, please!
Sweet Emi
Sleepy swing girl
Daddy and Emi living the High Life
Tiny fingers
No more pictures, please!

Sweet Emi

Sleepy swing girl

No comments:
Post a Comment