Hello, 7 months!
Nice to see you. This is, by far, the BEST age of babyhood. Nathan is so happy. Everything is new and exciting. He could be held in one's arms for hours and not utter a word. He observes it all. Babbles a little. Not as much as his sister. He is comfortably sitting up now, really into baby food and starting to
babble 'da da da'. He knows who every family member is...as we
call out their name, he'll look over to see them. He is a cat napper. I can't get any more than 45 minutes out of this guy during the day at one time, so he naps about 4 times a day. At night, he goes anywhere from 4 to 7 hour stretches. Usually up at 11 p.m., 3 a.m. and 7 a.m.
Mostly, he adores Emily:
He lights up whenever she walks into the room. They are best friends already, and it makes my heart melt! She's an amazing big sister. This kid is so lucky.
He has an abundance of family members to love him, in addition to us! But seeing the joy of siblinghood develop is quite amazing to me. I love their bond. I hope it lasts a lifetime with few hiccups in between. We have little control over this as parents. I know they will fight. That's inevitable. All we can do is hold our breath and hope they will be close and loving toward eachother the majority of the time...the rest of their lives. I think there is something special between these two, so I'm pretty optimistic for the future.





1 comment:
So nice, this. I am so so so excited that I get to meet them both soon :D (I actually just said something to that effect in response to your lovely comment on my blog and then realized it's kind of weird to assume you will check back ;) - Some four years in and I'm still figuring out blog etiquette(!)
Anyways, love you too. Can not wait. xx
Post a Comment