Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Lights at Warm Beach



Emily's friend, Sara, was there, too!






Waiting for the pony ride


I am determined to make Christmas Lights at Warm Beach a tradition, darn it. I have a hard time committing myself every year to the same tradition, because I like mixing things up a bit. But this little diddy might stick around for future years.

Sure, it was an hour drive to Stanwood to get there, and it was kind of Jesusy-like with the HUGE nativity scene and some light and fun biblical singing here and there. I mean, HE IS the reason for the season, right?!? I'm not denying that. As a nonbeliever in the Jesus Christ the bible states was Jesus Christ, I totally mooch on this holiday. Guilty! But we are all for pretending we are Jesus folk for 3 hours. Everyone was super nice and very welcoming.
Just don't tell anyone at Warm Beach our secret. We might be denied entry next year. :)
The kid got to ride a train AND a pony AND look at dozens of wicked Christmas lights! Good fun. Not to mention eating cotton candy and freshly made donuts, waving at freaky live walking snowmen and reindeer, listening to string music indoors, and petting Llamas and sheep. Definitely worth the $15 you pay to get in!


No comments: