Thursday, September 16, 2010

Isn't She Lovely


Wow.
This Mom thing is really quite cool. Sure - I complain more than a hypochondriac in a doctor's office about certain things and, yeah, it's a wee bit exhausting.

But when it comes down to it, this kid (and kids in general) is simply amazing.
Every 3 months she seems to grow by leaps and bounds. It makes me excited to think what's coming next.


I was told prior to having kids that it was the most rewarding job in the world.
I didn't quite get that until now.
My hard work is paying off and now I see it!
Emily is saying please and thank you and a regular basis. She knows how to share, wait her turn. She knows the rules of our home, the rules at the dinner table. Our daily routine is down pat.
She understands everything I say to her. Her confidence level is growing every day.
It's so freeing!

She has sprouted into an awesome, well-rounded little girl - funny, stubborn, witty, and incredibly loving of friends and family. Check out the ham:



In the past few months, she's had a few bumps with teething and simply being 2, but overall she has simply been a joy. Her vocabulary amazes me as well as everyone else! I frequently hear from others, "She's TWO and talking like that?!" It makes me feel pretty proud. She makes me belly laugh on a regular basis. She says things like:

Em: "Can we play outside?"
Mama: "No, it's raining."
Em: "Well, turn it off, Mama"

Em (while in the dressing room with me): Oh, Mama. You look sooooo cute! I really like that."

Emily at the shoe store: "Oh, Mama! Look at these. They are my favorite!"


We started a co-op preschool this year.
It's two hours a day, two days a week. I'm in the class with her most of the time. It's only the first week and Emily has it down. I love seeing how confident yet quiet she is; she listens and follows instruction and shares so well with others. At this rate, Kindergarten should be a breeze!

Here are some recent photos we took this summer. Enjoy!


Reading a book with Meema


Lovin' on GranPapa


Snuggling with Andy

Her first M's game in the seats!




No comments: