I knew Oregon was a cool state, but I don't think I realized how cool it was until a recent trip to the majestic Willamette Valley. It was a ladies weekend away from work, babes and house chores - just me, my Mom and my sis.
In a nutshell - AMAZING!
Our cottage was nestled in the middle of gorgeous McKinlay Vineyards, right outside Wilsonville. (about 30 minutes from Portland) It had three bedrooms, lots of living space and a huge backyard.




We hired a tour guide/driver Friday. His name was Fred. His company's name is "A Nose for Wine" in case you're interested in taking the same trip. I'd highly recommend him. He drove us to 5 wineries and fed us cheese, meats, crackers and chocolate along the way. What a guy! You pay a pretty penny for Fred, but in return, the wineries wave your tasting fee so it all evened out in the end. We didn't have to to worry about driving or getting lost or choosing which wineries to go to. Fred was there for us and he knew all! (and when I say that, I mean he knew EVERYTHING about wine) We learned so much.





No comments:
Post a Comment